Tabbie Awards winners unveiled for 2018
CLEVELAND—The 2018 Tabbie Awards featured nearly 400 entries, with nominations coming from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, the United Arab Emirates, and South Africa.
Highlighting the Best Single Issue category — the competition’s most comprehensive — are entries from Acumen Magazine, E&T, and Champion magazine, which took the Gold, Silver, and Bronze awards respectively.
Gold design award winners are INSTORE for Feature Design; E&T for Front Cover, Digital Imagery; Pensions & Investments for Front Cover, Illustration; Pizza Today for Front Cover, Photograph and Front Cover, Special Issue; and EXHIBITOR for Opening Page or Spread.
Gold editorial award winners are Civil Engineering magazine for Department; EXHIBITOR for Editor’s Column; EDUCAUSE REVIEW for Feature Article; Champion magazine for Focus/Profile Article; Foodservice Equipment Reports for How-To Article and Technical Article; Elevator World for Regular Column; and E&T for Special Section.
Golds in the three online award categories were swept by Pizza Today: Best b2b Website, Best Use of Social Media, and E-Newsletter.
For more details, please visit our Awards Page.
TABPI becomes first-ever Platinum Sponsor of ASBPE Foundation
CLEVELAND Almost a decade ago, the American Society of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE), a U.S.-based professional b2b membership group, launched the ASBPE Foundation, a tax-exempt educational organization with a goal of ending the stature gap between b2b and the consumer press in university journalism programs.
Last week, Trade, Association and Business Publications International (TABPI) became the ASBPE Foundation’s first-ever Platinum Sponsor. Paul J. Heney, TABPI President, currently sits on the nine-member board of the Foundation. He said that he hopes other b2b associations, publishers and suppliers will follow suit and donate generously.
“The Foundation’s work is so key to the future of b2b journalism,” Heney said. “We’re proud to be the Foundation’s first Platinum Sponsor, and we look forward to helping expand its programs over the coming year.”
The ASBPE Foundation recently set up an online donation form on the ASBPE Web site. Donors can now contribute at several different levels including Friend of the Foundation ($25); Silver ($50); Gold ($100); Platinum ($500); and Diamond ($1,000). Amy Fischbach, president of the ASBPE Foundation, said she is delighted to have TABPI as the first Platinum-level sponsor of the ABPE Foundation.
“With TABPI’s support, we can fund many special programs to honor excellence in b2b media, support journalism students and provide continuing education to professional journalists,” says Fischbach, a past ASBPE National President and a former Young Leader Scholar.
Today, the Foundation is involved in multiple outreach programs, including:
• Sponsorship of The Stephen Barr Award, part of ASBPE’s Azbee Awards of Excellence program. The Barr Award is designed to encourage journalism of the highest quality within b2b publications.
• Sponsorship of the Journalism That Matters Award, which was founded in 2008 to recognize business reporting that leads to concrete change, in business or government.
• Online educational programs and webinars. For the continuing education and career development of b2b editors, the Foundation taps the expertise of top b2b editors in online professional development programs.
• Encouraging college b2b programs. The Foundation helps sponsor the ASBPE-AEJMC Student b2b Writing Award, begun in 2012.
• Young Leaders Scholarship. This ASBPE program was created by Heney in Spring 2001 while serving as ASBPE National President. To date, the Scholarship has been awarded to nearly 100 editors and designers for print and online publications, and has developed a new generation of regional and national leaders in the organization. As part of this scholarship, the Young Leader Scholars receive a free registration to the national conference and a two-night hotel stay at the conference hotel. Applications are due on March 15, 2018. Visit http://www.asbpe.org/blog/2018/03/02/asbpe-opens-2018-young-leader-scholarship-application-process/ to apply.
Donations to the ASBPE Foundation can be made at https://asbpe.site-ym.com/donations/donate.asp and are tax-deductible.
Magazine Critique Service: What are your most pressing needs?
Our annual MCS program puts your magazine in the hands of some of the most
respected editors working in b2b journalism today and
benefit from their colleague-to-colleague analysis of
what you and your staff are doing right and what you
could be doing better.
Give yourself objective, outside
analyses that can show the decision makers in your
organization how to take your content to the next level. With our Magazine Critique
Service (MCS), you'll get detailed feedback on specific
editorial and design aspects of your publication.
Stay ahead of the competition
Keep your staff on track
To view a sample report in
PDF format, click here: Sample
#1 or Sample
The deadline for the Magazine Critique Service was December 12; for off-season critiques, please email email@example.com for availability. For details on the MCS, click here. To download the MCS order form, click here: Form.
About Us Publishers Links Salary Surveys Contact Us